So, having seen the cost of of yoga mat cleaners on various online yoga stores, I did a little investigation & found a great, natural mat cleaner that you can make in minutes & it costs next to nothing.
Here it is ....
You will need .....
- A small plastic/metal spray bottle
- Enough distilled water to fill the bottle. I found distilled water at my local supermarket where it is sold as water for steam irons.
- 10-15 drops of tea tree oil
- 5-7 drops of eucalyptus or rosemary oil
This particular recipe is a great anti-bacterial, anti-fungal spray but you could also use lavender & rose or a lavender & geranium mix if you wanted a more relaxing, uplifting scent on your mat. It's great fun creating your own unique scent & way more fun than buying it ready made!
How to Use:
- Spray your mat liberally & either, leave to dry naturally outside (away from direct sunlight) or, leave it to soak into the mat for a short while before 'buffing' the mat dry with a clean cloth.